Doi Inthanon trekking tour – Chiang Mai full day tour – Jungle trekking at Phadokseaw
Doi Inthanon trekking tour! Visit Doi Inthanon, the Thailand’s highest mountain (2565 meters above sea level). The many highlights of this tour will offer you the privilege of beautiful scenery, trekking in the evergreen mountain forests, visiting plantations and flower farms rhododendron groves, sightseeing rare bird life and impressive waterfalls. Highlights are the Doi Inthanon summit, the Royal Pagodas, the gardens, Wachirathan waterfall, 2+ hours forest trekking at Phadokseaw, the national park farmland, Ban Mae Klang Luang village and the Karen tribe. Note: Please bring your camera, sun glasses, sun lotion, insect spray, a jacket or long sleeves (at summit the weather can be cold, especially in Winter reaching near zero levels), good walking shoes.
Itinerary: Starts daily From 7:00 / 7:30 AM – All year around!
- Doi Inthanon trekking tour starts. Meet your private English-speaking guide in the hotel’s lobby. Visit Doi Inthanon, the highest mountain in Thailand (2565 meters above sea level) and the summit of Doi Inthanon. Here we will visit the really stunning areas of the park, trek in the lush green jungle to witness the abundant flora, we will visit the Royal Agricultural station, which consists of Rhododendron garden, Ferns Greenhouse, Flower Plants Greenhouse and Hydroponics Vegetables. All spots offer beautiful scenery, evergreen mountain forests, rare bird life. We dedicate an important visit to the Royal Pagodas. The brown Pra Mahathart Napamaythaneedol Chedi was erected in 1987 for the King, the more feminine, lilac coloured, Pra Mahathart Napapoommisiri for the Queen in 1992. Thai people and visitors alike here leave offerings of flowers and incense sticks as a mark of value and respect to the well-loved monarchs. The view here is tremendous, the gardens are beautiful, so please be ready with your cameras to take great amount of stunning pictures. Now lunch will be served at a local restaurant before taking a short drive to the next part of this adventure. We reach Wachirathan waterfall for sightseeing, famous and high waterfalls from the granitic escarpment of the mountain. We start from here soft trekking –Jungle trekking at Phadokseaw– to spend a time about 2-3 hours walk (depends on the pace) through the jungle by following the narrow mountain trail which leads us to stunning hidden waterfall in the middle of lush jungle. Let’s Enjoy together the cool fresh air at the waterfall than continue the trekking, on the way we will walk pass through the national park farmland, here you will see the coffee plantation, the flowers farm and the beautiful rice terraces. Just after we take an important visit to the Karen tribe, at Ban Mae Klang Luang, a village where the Pagayaw live their unique traditional life style. This tribe is actually the largest concentration of Karen people residing now in Thailand so we are very lucky we can take them a visit. The main occupation of the villager are rice farming and growing up the chemical-free Arabica coffee. Here you and all visitor are able to tour and walk the coffee plantation, test to roast the coffee beans, brew the coffee, fully enjoy the village and the constant aroma and smooth taste of fresh coffee brewing. You will be able to buy local products and souvenirs on the drive back to Chiang Mai, when we transfer back to hotel late afternoon after 5:30 PM.
Doi Inthanon trekking tour KEY DETAILS:
- DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION: Your Hotel.
- DEPARTURE TIME: Program Starts From 7:00 AM / 7:30 AM.
- RETURN TIME: Approximately after 5.30 PM.
- WEAR: Light t-shirt, long pants, good walking shoes.
- Experienced local guides, Air-conditioned vehicles with experienced driver.
- English-speaking guide.
- Includes soft drinks, Refreshing drinks en route.
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program,
- Transfer from / to hotel, accident insurance.
- Transportation in minivan, lunch.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Appropriate clothing to visit Temples and trekking.
- Sunblock and sunglasses, camera.
Children from 1 to 3 years old do not pay any ticket! (Free ticket).
Doi Inthanon trekking tour. The itinerary above is approximate and may be modified without notice to fit local weather conditions as well as the given time frame is an estimate timing only and can deviate due to traffic, road conditions, weather, pace of tourists and/or any unforeseen reason. Any un-utilized service such as meals, sightseeing, or visits are non-refundable. We reserve the right to amend the program, itinerary, prices, terms and conditions without prior notice. If above tour does not meet your requirement and you wish to customize your own tour, please feel free to contact us and tell us your preference. We will do our best to provide the best service we can.