White water rafting elephant care Chiang Mai – Chiang Mai tours – Chiang May excursions
E-01. White water rafting elephant care Chiang Mai offers free Transportation for city center hotels (Hotel outside Chiang Mai needs to pay extra more for 500 THB more).
Not Allowed: Pregnant women, a child under 7 yrs., people with heart problems.
White water rafting Chiang Mai – full day. White water rafting in Maetang river at Chiang Mai. Raft for 10 Km, The most exciting in Thailand together with all the space 10 km.
Maetang river runs north of Chiang Mai and gives the entire array of emotions. The tour starts from your hotel and brings you to experience elephant care time at Elephant camp, later on, the famous 10 km rafting at Maetang river.
At Maetang river you will be at river campuses wit all the comforts. The security staff are out of the nearby villages and are passionate about their job and extremely familiar and intimate with this river. All staff trained in the security & rescue process by both the raft and coast.
The crew is with you following both off and onshore since the river overlooks also the road, all committed to the tour security. Your duty is to get enthusiasm & adrenaline. The River follows an International Scale of River Difficulty, below are the six levels of difficulty in white water rafting. They vary from easy to quite perilous:
White water rafting Chiang Mai.
- Grade 1: Very little rough places, might require small maneuvering. (Skill level: really fundamental)
- Grade 2: A few rough waters, perhaps a few stones, may require some maneuvering. (Skill level: basic paddling ability)
- Grade 3: Whitewater, little waves, perhaps a little fall (Rescue Team secures you when you drop off the boat), but no substantial danger. May require maneuvering that is substantial.
- Grade 4: Whitewater, moderate waves, possibly stones, possibly a substantial fall (Rescue Team secures you when you drop off the boat), sharp maneuvers could be required.
- Grade 5: Whitewater, bigger waves, large quantity, the chance of big stones and risks, many chances of a fall (Rescue Team secures you when you drop off the boat), necessitates precise maneuvering.
At Maetang river, normally the strongest of rapids will be 4 – 4+ grade (in November)
Itinerary: Starts From 8:30 AM / 9:00 AM daily – Maetang river rafting 10KM. 1-2HR.
Pick up service available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- 08.30 – 09.00 am. Meet your private English-speaking guide in the hotel’s lobby and start White water rafting elephant care Chiang Mai tour.
- Scenic 60 km trip to Ampure Maetang, we arrive at base camp and here we change to Pickup Truck to drive to upper camp about 10 km. At elephant camp, you will enjoy the elephant care program about 30-45 min. Next at river camps Hot lunch and Raft run of up to Level 4+ through 10 km. of breathtaking white water with fantastic mountain scenery. Rafting 4 people +1 Captain for 1 boat.
05.00 – 06.00 pm. Return to your hotel.
- DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Your Hotel, available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- DEPARTURE TIME: Program Starts From 8:30 AM / 9:00 AM daily.
- RETURN TIME: Approximately 6.00 PM.
- WEAR: Short pants, T-shirt, Flip-flop and a small backpack.
- Note: For joint group sometimes has to wait for other groups for approx 1 hr. Of course, this trip will include transportation, guide, lunch, and accident insurance. Bring sunscreen, sandals or flip flops, dry clothes, towel, plastic bag for the camera.
- Not Allowed: Pregnant women, Child under 7 yrs., People with heart problems
- Experienced local guides, English-speaking guide.
- Transportation from city center hotels or nearby proximity, pickup truck on the off-road at the river site.
- Includes soft drinks. Thai buffet lunch.
- Safety Standard all equipment. Protection gear.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent spray.
- Towel, Shampoo, Soap and dry cloth for change. plastic bag for the camera.
Not to Bring: All value items such as ring, Earring, Watch, Passport, bracelet, Wallet, Mobile, Camera. You should bring only a little cash for your extra snacks, Beer, tips.
Children from 7 to 11 years old pay the reduced price.
White water rafting elephant care Chiang Mai, itinerary and timing above are approximate and may be modified without notice to fit local weather conditions. If the above tour does not meet your requirement and you wish to customize your own tour, please feel free to contact us and tell us your preference. We will do our best to provide the best service we can.