Chiang Mai Grand Canyon tour – Chiang Mai tours – Chiang Mai excursions
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon tour. Highlights to Pha Chor grand canyon and Bamboo rafting. With this brand new tour, we will take you to the magical place of the Chiang Mai Canyon along with the unique experience of bamboo rafting. This trips last almost a full day (from 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M) and will begin and end in the town of Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon tour visits Pha Chor. This canyon was created by a natural phenomenon caused by the movement of the Earth’s tectonic plates and the erosion of the water and air. Scientists say that thousands of years in the past it was part of the Ping River, when the river changed direction, it altered Pha Chor turning it into a 30-meter cliff which would be then molded by the erosion to its peculiar shape. Bring a hat and a sunscreen please, the majority of the area around the canyon is not covered by any trees and it is very easy to get a sunburn. Go with good walking shoes. There’s no need of wear trekking shoes, but anything else rather than sandals, or flip flops, will do. Bring s change of clothes.
Itinerary: Starts From 8:00 AM / 8:30 AM daily
Pick up service available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- Meet your private English-speaking guide in the hotel’s lobby and start Chiang Mai Grand Canyon tour.
- Depart from the hotel and start Chiang Mai Grand Canyon tour, There are plenty of activities once you are in the canyon, for starters the astonishing panoramic view along with a short 60-minute hike to admire the splendor of the cliff. Here you will eat at one of the local restaurants and taste many of the typical dishes. After a tiring trek, how about a relaxing massage at the foot spa? And finally the amazing bamboo rafting, (Bamboo Rafting is at Mae Wang River that lasts one hour) this wooden made raft will take the experience to the next level, allowing you to traverse rivers and observe nature in its purest form. Of course, this trip will include transportation, guide, lunch, and, accident insurance. Prepare for a wild ride and make sure to bring a cap and sunscreen as well as a bottle of water and good shoes, they don’t need to be hiking specific but just avoid sandals and flip-flops. But most importantly bring a change of clothes to ensure you have a comfortable ride back.
- DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Your Hotel in Chiang Mai city center.
- DEPARTURE TIME: Program Starts From 8:00 AM / 8:30 AM daily.
- RETURN TIME: Approximately 4.00 PM.
- WEAR: Light t-shirt – Casual.
- Experienced local guides, Air-conditioned vehicles with an experienced driver, English-speaking guide.
- Includes soft drinks, Refreshing drinks en route. Includes all entrance fees!
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program.
- Transfer from/to hotel, from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- Accident insurance. Transportation in the minivan. Thai buffet lunch!
WHAT TO BRING
- Walking shoes (no flip flops or sandals).
- Sunblock and sunglasses, camera, insects repellent spray.
Children from 1 to 3 years old do not pay for any ticket! (Free ticket)
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon tour itinerary and timing above are approximate and may be modified without notice to fit local weather conditions. If above tour does not meet your requirement and you wish to customize your own tour, please feel free to contact us and tell us your preference. We will do our best to provide the best service we can.