Ran Tong Elephant care full day tour Chiang Mai – Chiang Mai tours – Chiang May excursions
Ran Tong Elephant care full day, the Ran-Tong (Save & Rescue Elephant Center) was established in 2009, just after the rescue of “Boon Som”, a majestic creature who was mistreated and abused in the forest, his captors even injected amphetamines to get him on the optimal working state. He was rescued and got to safety, where he finally got to live a better life. It took time though, as he took about six months in order to fully recover. He had massive injuries all over his shoulders, his rescuers treated the wounds, gave him vitamins, anti-parasitic medicine and everything that was possible for them to provide. The elephant finally began to feel better, and he eventually recovered. The rescuers felt inspired and thought that this kind of work was an excellent way to contribute to the life around them. Afterward, they rescued more and more elephants, but later they faced the issue of the cost of maintaining such huge and majestic creatures, so the founder thought that turning the center into a business was a good way to provide the elephants with a good life. Ran-Tong is one of the better-known elephant camps of all Thailand. Ran Tong Elephant care full day amazing experience will begin early in the morning at about 08.00 – 08.30 AM and will end later about 4:30 PM. Arriving at the elephant camp you will change into traditional Mahout clothing provided by the camp.
Note: bring comfortable shoes you do not mind to get wet!
Itinerary and activities: Starts From 8:00 AM / 8:30 AM daily
Pick up service available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- 8:00 – 8:30 AM Pick-up from your accommodations to start Ran Tong Elephant care full-day experience.
- You will start by learning more about the camp and the incredible creatures we host. You will prepare vitamins for the elephants, including pregnant, injured and old elephants, babies. It will then be your lunchtime. You will then learn to treat the elephant’s skin with compressed herbal massage. You will get to bathe the elephants in the mud, which is truly a bonding experience with the wise and imposing creatures.
- 3:30 – 4:00 P.M. Shuttle back to Chiang Mai.
- DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION Your Hotel, available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- DEPARTURE TIME Program Starts From 8:00 AM / 8:30 AM daily.
- RETURN TIME Approximately at 4:30 PM.
- WEAR Light t-shirt – short pants – swimming suite.
- Experienced local guides, Air-conditioned vehicles with an experienced driver.
- English-speaking guide.
- Includes soft drinks, Lunch, Bananas to feed elephants.
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program,
- Transfer from / to hotel,
- Accident insurance. Transportation in the minivan,
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothing, spare clothing, insect repellent, shampoo for shower.
Towel, swimming suit, sunblock, sunglasses, camera.
Ran Tong Elephant care full-day tour – Chiang Mai itinerary and timing above are approximate and may be modified without notice to fit local weather conditions. If above tour does not meet your requirement and you wish to customize your own tour, please feel free to contact us and tell us your preference. We will do our best to provide the best service we can.