Doi Inthanon national park tour – Chiang Mai full day tour – Chiang Mai activities
Doi Inthanon national park tours, see also:
- Doi Inthanon mountain trekking tour at Kew Mae Pan Trail
- Doi Inthanon jungle trekking tour at Phadokseaw trail
Doi Inthanon national park tour highlights. Visit Doi Inthanon national park, the Thailand’s highest mountain (2565 meters above sea level), which offers beautiful scenery, evergreen mountain forests, rare bird life, and impressive waterfalls.
Itinerary: Starts From 8:30 AM
Pick up service available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- Doi Inthanon national park tour starts. Meet your private English-speaking guide in the hotel’s lobby. At 08:30 AM meet your private English-speaking guide in the hotel’s lobby. Visit Doi Inthanon, Thailand’s highest mountain (2565 meters above sea level), which offers beautiful scenery, evergreen mountain forests, dwarf rhododendron groves, much rare birds, with impressive waterfalls.
- Doi Inthanon national park. On this tour, stops are made at the summit to see the great twin royal Pagodas (king and queen), built for the highness Majesties of the King and the Queen, containing also the shrine of Chao Inthawitchayanon, the former prince of Chiang Mai.
- A short trek some minutes along Michael’s Trail, a natural trail offering a beautiful and unforgettable experience. The place provides a marvelous view of surrounding and time to spend at the famous Wachirathan waterffalls, flowing down from the granitic escarpment of the mountain.
- Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
- Then visit Doi Inthanon Royal Project, one of many royal-sponsored reeducation projects initiated to familiarize hill tribe people with new agricultural techniques.
- Visitors can view the flower nurseries and cultivation areas.
- Continue to visit Hmong and Karen hill tribe village at Ban Mae Klang Village, for an insight into their still primitive lifestyle. They are senses of peace-loving warriors, very industrious and faithful people. Transfer back to the hotel late afternoon.
- Transfer to your hotel.
- DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION: Your Hotel, available only from Hotels/Resorts in Chiang Mai city center.
- DEPARTURE TIME: Program Starts From 8:30 AM.
- RETURN TIME: Approximately after 5 PM.
- WEAR: Light t-shirt – Long Pants – Casual.
- Best Doi Inthanon tour price all included.
- Experienced local guides.
- Air-conditioned vehicles with an experienced driver.
- English-speaking guide.
- Includes soft drinks, refreshing drinks en route, Thai lunch.
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program.
- Transfer from / to hotel, accident insurance, transportation in minivan.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Appropriate clothing to visit Temples and walking.
- Sunblock and sunglasses, camera.
Children from 3 to 6 years old pay a reduced price! (800 Thai Baht).
Children from 1 to 3 years old do not pay for any ticket! (Free ticket).
Doi Inthanon national park tour. Eco trekking Chiang Mai. The itinerary above is approximate and may be modified without notice to fit local weather conditions as well as the given time frame is an estimate timing only and can deviate due to traffic, road conditions, weather, the pace of tourists and/or any unforeseen reason. Any un-utilized service such as meals, sightseeing, or visits is non-refundable. We reserve the right to amend the program, itinerary, prices, terms, and conditions without prior notice. Doi Inthanon national park top experience.
Doi Inthanon national park tour – Chiang Mai full day tour
- Chiang Mai temple tours
- Chiang Mai Elephant sanctuary tours
- Chiang Mai sightseeing tours
- Chiang Mai trekking
- Chiang Mai experience
- chiang mai 1 day trek
- Chiang Mai night safari
Some more info about Doi Inthanon National Park for you
Doi Inthanon National Park is still now among the very few areas in Thailand where you are going to see and smell walnut, pines trees. The National Park will offer frequently chiller climate, that’s why tha entire Park area is refuge for a major variety of types of protected animal in search for this special climate in the tropical region. Especially birds, that come to live in the area to extract naturally all the benefits of the diversity.
Doi Inthanon is still among the busiest of the many Thailand’s parks. The near proximity to Chiang Mai is a great opportunity for all vacationers to endure the ideal day tour.
Doi Inthanon National Park in pills:
- Is pronounced doy in-ta-no-n (the h is silent in the local language);
- The total Land Area consists in 186 rectangular miles (482 km2);
- The summit elevation is 8,415 feet (2,565 meters);
- Founded in 1972 it was made public with National park status;
- Park Access Fees: 300 baht for adults (150 baht for children); 30 baht per car.
Doi Inthanon from Chiang Mai.
Going into the National Park.
Finding Doi Inthanon Park is not just about driving on to the peak of the mountain, snapping a few pictures, then leave. You need time to be able to discover all-natural attractions, so a complete day time. For example, getting into the greatest cave at the countrywide park requires approximately two hours of trekking.
Doi Inthanon weather
Tips: please remember to check carefully the weather forecast before booking your date. Some times the summit of the National Park, during rainy season, can be covered by clouds, covering the best mountain views and decreasing your tour experience.
Our personal experience
Navigating Doi Inthanon is best, by personal experience, during the week days as it will be less busy than on weekends. The park becomes a great attractions for local folks on weekends, especially if we are through the high season time from December to March. For example, attempting to visit the Park during one of Thailand’s enormous holiday periods, can be actually frustrating experience, specially for the driving experience because the traffic.
The greenhouses, initiative from King Bhumibol. The imperial family attempts to educate indigenous folks about options to growing flowers. Doi Inthanon is also home to the Thai Country broad Observatory, which houses the significant telescope for community research.
Enjoy the chilling experience of Bottom Line Up Front YouTube channel at the National Park.
Looking for Things to Do in Chiang Mai? Try Doi Inthanon National Park, Jimmy & Maggie Matthews bring you first person into this amazing experience!
Things you can enjoy in Doi Inthanon National Park
If you are on a self-guided trip to the national park, then go right to the Tourist Service Center first to get a map. Pick and choose a few sights depending on the quantity of time you’ve got.
Doi Inthanon temple. The Chedis:
Two holy steps really are a favorite focus for people. The monuments add amazing extra beauty to the surrounding mountains, the scenery for pictures is a complete surprise. One was created in 1987 in honor of King Bhumibol’s 60th birthday. Another was built 1992 honoring Queen Sirikit’s 60th birthday. There are also escalators, for those people who can not climb the many stairs to reach the top for the best perspectives.
Doi Inthanon waterfalls:
Mae Klang Waterfall, the most easiest to get into, can be the busiest. The best falls are situated close to the park gate. Picnicking and swimming are nice choices here. Numerous different waterfalls are sprinkled across the park; Mae Ya Waterfall can be the common choice. Many are big enough to still have a few water throughout the rainy season.
Doi Inthanon hiking trails:
The simplest route is the short walk from the Tourist Service Center into Mae Klang Waterfall. It is a paved walkway with all displays and signboards along the way to inform you of the route. To go a bit farther, look at walking the two-mile loop of this Kew Mae Pan route. Views are striking in the meadows. A mandatory fee is required to access to trail (200 baht per person), and also the course will be secured and closed through monsoon season (June to November). In this season the Jungle trail at Phadokseaw will be our best choice for the trekking tour!
Related relevant posts: